Thursday, August 23, 2018

Popping it in and out

Here I am again. 2 months after my previous post. How have I been since my previous post? Busy. I was busy for all the departments in my life.

On the work end, it’s been 6 months now since I started at RDL. Time certainly flies. I am happy and thankful that I manage to fit in with my colleagues so far. My boss.... he is a character. But I really look up to him that he is so good at what he does at such a young age that I want to deliver good work from my end for him and to be able to learn more from him. He can be difficult to deal with at times, there are days where I really hate him, but more than not, I can still take it. Questions on how long will I stay in practice or with the firm? I guess it depends on how my first bonus goes, whether there might be better opportunities out there and what not. But for now, I am okay with being where I am. This multijurisdiction acquisition project has been killing me but it’s in a way a good experience and exposure for me. And I am completing/closing my first deal tomorrow! Let’s hope everything goes on fully tomorrow until the file is declared close.

On family end, my uncle(s) have been sick. And my mum has been taking care of them but they have the cheek to not appreciate the effort and instead let out their anger on her or is so demanding at their sick times that it gets annoying at times really. I have very little respect for my uncles at times because they talk as if they are all that but their actions always doesn’t follow through.  Seeing this and other things in life, I am a firm believer that actions speaks louder than words. You can promise me the entire universe for all I care, but I’ll only ever believe it if you follow it through your actions as well. Someone told me that, but  don’t you think you should also take into consideration of their omissions as well? There might be a reason for their omissions at times.True. I have never take that into account before really. But I was thinking about it randomly the other day, but if you choose to omit something and not explain or follow up through another action to justify that omission, then one would never know it at the end of the day anyway. I guess I have been let down a few times by words alone in life that whatever words that I’ve put it out there, I try to follow it up with my actions.

On relationship end, well, I have been having feelings for a person for sometime. I have a belief and gave myself a kinda rough timeline as to how long I should wait for him. For the first time too, I took effort to organise and plan a birthday for a guy I really like and was really happy that he loved it and appreciate it. I love birthdays and I like giving a person a good birthday celebration. I have no expectations that through that effort/ thoughtfulness of mine that it would lead to something more, if any, I was prepared for that to be my final effort to in a way win his heart. Or for it to be just that. Nothing more. I don’t need or want anything more from that. But he was touched and said things which seems promising and seems to be trying. Maybe I misinterpret it or read too much into it.  Through a normal then serious phone conversation last Tuesday, where a plan to have closure all this while from his ex became I want closure and to give my one last shot and my all to win her back. The moment I heard that, my heart was half filled with dread and sadness. My brain just went : You are done Jo. Walk away from this. There is no point pursuing this anymore. He is not worth it. He is in a way blind. Just walk away. You are better off without him.

And that I did. I told him I don’t hate him. I have my feelings sorted, which I kinda did by having this wall all this while from preventing myself from falling from him deeper. He does somewhat meant something to me. Is it a lot though? I would say that he meant the huge deal to me. I mean I have come to realize how much I mean to him as of late as well? Am I terribly sad or angry? Not a lot. It’s like my heart and brain is telling me he is not even worth it to have a full on cry fest. Which surprisingly  I didn’t. I cried for 10 and perhaps 20 mins on 2 separate occasion when I was watching Grey’s Anatomy and on another occasion I think it was through his response to my text message. And  in between this going on, I was busy at work, attending a wedding and a hen’s night and dealing with some friendship drama regarding the wedding and stuff and getting excited for DWP X. So yay for having a lot of things to keep me occupied.

Attended Kim’s hen night and wedding last  Thursday and Saturday. First time clubbing with kim
 and her siblings and her are so funny. I had a really good and tiring night but it was worth it. Then attended her wedding on Saturday morning and evening and it was very simple and beautiful. I really like her wedding video and photos. The photographer and videographer really did a good job. And then I hung out till 4.30 am! I think this is one rare occasion where I just hung out with a person till so late just talking about stuff, and I did not foresee tears or really deep conversations. But it’s nice. I don’t know what kind of impression I gave, but hopefully not something along the line of : ok. This girl is crazy and has too many things happening for her and talk too much and is just weird and crazy. Hahaaha.


I went for my 9.15 am boxing class the next day, sleepy but still believing that I would be able to survive the class when I think like 15-20 mins in class, where I was twisting my body/ leg to throw in a punch that I dislocated my knee cap,it was so painful that I fell to the ground and tried to get help. Azrin  saw me and called for the instructor. They though I had a cramp or something minor initially I think, until I showed them my kneecap and they went : oh shit,I freaked out too, bless Elaine who came to sit with me by my side talking to me like normal trying to take my mind off the pain and telling me that I was gonna be fine, thanks to the initial shock, I felt the pain but I guess it was still manageable. But the ambulance came only after the class ended and towards the end of the class, the shock was wearing off and the pain starts hitting me that I started crying. And I was horrified when they told me they are gonna pop my kneecap back in just like that with no tools or painkillers. I’m usually the type who will try to scream silently, but I just couldn’t. Had to scream out loud and bite my tee while they pull my leg straight for the knee cap to move back in, this is something I hope I would experience again.

I’m not gonna lie that I was kinda hurt that Azrin and Leanda didn’t offer to accompany me to the hospital. And after registering myself and stuff and the only thing left was to wait for my turn to see the doctor that I started contacting my close friends and parents to awkwardly tell them about my situation and assure them I am fine, I don’t know why I feel awkward and embarrassed, I just don’t want them to burden or worry them too much. I was contemplating if I should tell my parents only when I got home, but decided that I should just notify them first,

And am now recovering well from it. This experience also made me realize that hey, I can handle stuff on my own in the event I got into an accident and am alone. I am blur as to where to go about at the hospital and stuff, but hey I did it andafter getting my meds and all managed to order a grab back home.

I am once again very thankful of everyone who texts me to keep track of my recovery and offering to get me food and what not and this also made me realize that the people whom I was expecting to care more didn’t really bother doing that. That made me show how much I meant to them in their life I guess. But hey, I guess the saying of no expectations no disappointments are usually the best. Oh well. I’ll be fine and whatever doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.

On the friendship department,  I have been trying to avoid my friend who is a bit toxic for me and I thought I was wrong about this cause she’s so nice to me recently again and stuff but again, i’m not entirely sure about this. We shall see how things goes I guess.

I am currently loving  or trying to love and appreciate life and take all that has happened as a new experience and lesson learnt for the future and to help me be a better person. I am no saint of course. In this process, I go all emo, bratty and rant and curse and self pity myself and hate the world. But it’s all good. May the force continue to be with me for the rest of the year for whatever life has in store for me, be it good or bad. No pain no gain I guess.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment