Sunday, December 23, 2018

Ah. So here we are. Less than 1 week away before 2018 come to an end. The last one month has been crazy in terms of work and social life. There were good days and bad days but nonetheless a good experience.  So thankful for all the people that entered and stayed in my life and for those who walked away and/or me walking away from some people in my life this year as well. Let’s see how 2019 goes! Am excited and enthusiastic for it :D
 It’s past 1.30 am in the morning. I woke up to seeing my brother panicking a little as he says he couldnt breathe properly. Sis imstructed me to call the ambulance. In a calm and half annoyed manner (cause I was sleepy), I dialled 999 and was at the same time figuring out how to explain the current situation. Was connected to the seremban hospital and then proceeded to change my clothes and waited at the porch for the ambulance.

The moon was shining brightly tonight. The ambulance came, I lead them in and then 10 minutes later we got onto the ambulance.  After registering the brother in the ER, we were asked to wait outside. It was interesting to people watch. Suprising that the hospital was packed with people at 2 am in the morning. The paramedics and doctors looked tired and bored while sitting down at their deisgnated spots. However, they are alert at what is happening and is quick to react shen people come in. I was impressed. They need to upgrade the ER. And the toilet. As I came out from the toilet, 3 people rushed in where one guy seemed to be bleeding a LOT and the girl that came with him seemed to be drying and calling her boss informing the boss that they are at the hospital. Doctors or hospital assistant rushed to them and I can see my sister scooting out of the way. We seat further awya from where the brother was in (the Yellow zone). We went to check on him and communicated through texts. Ahh, technology. We see families coming in and out and people falling asleep. At 3am, I couldnt stay awake any longer and decided to get some short nap as well. Sleeping on a chair is a skill I have developed from the years of travelling by train.

Finally, close to 4.40am, the brother came out and said that the docs did a full body check and he is not required to be admitted to the hospital and was prescribed with meds and we can go home. Ordered grab and back home we went. Sis was in her worried, panicked mode. We discussed that it is time we are able to drive independently to cater for times of emergencies like tonight.

Parents came home later in the afternoon today and sis wasnt sure if we should tell our parents and consulted me. I felt we needed to and went to break the news. Brother got angry with me and use some rude language towards me which I do not appreciate. I got annoyed. Mum and sis went on panic/worried/pitt mode. Me on the other hand, hardened and told the brother off. ‘If at 30 years of age, you arenot anle to think and care more for yourself, when you should. No one can help you much. You are an adult and have a brain.’ And I walked off.  After much advise and talks over the uears, if he doesnt aant to accept it, guess he just likes to learn things the hard way.

But nonetheless, am glad that he is well and hopefully will always be well.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment