Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just some thoughts

Was reading some stuff in the newspaper today where it got me thinking.(plus,in the middle of the night,you brain goes a little crazy,so.....) When is it do you know you love someone if you don't really know the person well? It just got me wondering,like for example,you meet/get to know this person and are attracted to the person and want to date him/her and so maybe you go after that person and after getting to know each other more(i.e a few weeks), confess to him/her. Would you say i love you or i like you? some may think that maybe this doesn't really have much difference.but i was thinking to myself,how can you tell someone that you love that person if you don't even know them well?

I once read this quote/sentence somewhere which i have forgotten.it says 'i don't know you well enough to love you'.This sentence has since then been on my mind.I do admit that i have one too many crushes in life (i am talking about normal human being and not celebrities) and from there, liked  2 or 3 of them that i come to realised that i really really like them to the point that i feel like taking things to the next level.

I have confessed to someone that i like.And at the time of doing that,i realised that i can't bring myself to say i love him.there's just like a voice inside my head telling me,well,love may seem a bit exaggerated cos,i don't find myself knowing him well enough to love him but well enough to know that i like him and want to be with him as a bf/gf status and not just as friends.maybe to get to know him better and then to love him.

it's not that i'm criticizing people when they confess using the words 'i love you' is wrong.Some may really mean that,but to some,do you really love him/her or do you just like him? I'm of the opinion that (maybe) for me,i find myself to usually start liking that person first,then i'll proceed to love that person? one of the reasons to this,is as stated above,and another is that,if i were to love that person,it means that *cheesy/cliche sentence ahead* i really see myself having a long term relationship with that person and that if we break up or something,it would really really break my heart,as i would really love him wholly.Though,realistically,if i'm in a relationship with a person now,at this age,(though i'm not in one now)do i like see myself being with him forever,etc,etc,well,honestly no.maybe a few years.who knows what may happen the next day.

I just feel that at times,where you like someone and things don't work out or go the way you want them to be its really sad,what more if you really love that person? it would be worse.I guess i'm just more cautious in classifying my feelings when it comes to these things?


At times though,being caught up in the relationship you just got into,all else are blind to you,and you don't realise that you actually dont love that person to the extent you thought you were.Maybe when i'm in one,all this stuff that i wrote here may not even come to my mind at all.or that all these doesn't make sense at all.hahahahahhaa.as they say love is blind.only when you stop,you come to realised that ''omg,why do i even like/love that person?? can't believe that i did.urghhh.he/she is totally ________________ i so deserve someone better..'' XD

These are just some opinion of mine after watching/reading/listening and experiencing stuff.you may have a totally a different take on this,and you are totally entitled to that take.This is just my take on it.For me now,i guess i'm waiting for that someone.=p and i just wanted to like put this thought in writing? that's it for now.
p/s:one of my fav pharses:i dont know you well enough to love you,but i do know that i really like you for now =D
-with lots of love,peace out-

No comments:

Post a Comment