Thursday, November 9, 2017

A new chapter

After 8 years (from A-levels till pupillage), I am finally a lawyer in Malaysia. It's surreal. It feels as if it's only yesterday where I was this innocent young kid starting college didn't really know what she had sign herself for.

I think everyone close around me knows I get excited for events. I don't know how to describe it. I guess I feel that moments like these happens only once in your life. So, your mind being the recorder of your life, should savour and live in such moments.

(muka tebal part) I look pretty and so professional in court attire with the robe and high court collar. I was shocked myself. HAHAHAHA. Arrived super early for my long call. And got stressed out about it because my mover was late and everyone just keep coming up to me to ask where my mover was. And then asked me if I have my speech with me. It was then I realized, oh shit. Should have insisted on the final version soft copy. And hence, my turn from no.8 got moved to No.10 (the last one for the day).

I guess in a way it was a blessing in disguise as well because, Azrin, Michelle, Louis, Yik Yee, See Wei made it on time to hear my speech. I was so excited and happy to see them. I dont know if other pupils sitting at the side made contact with their friends at the audience sitting area, but I did. Haha.

Hearing all the speeches of the other pupils before me got me emotional and made me feel like crying. I was thinking to myself inside (and not saying out loud for people might think I am crazy) : This is it guys!!!!! We made it!!! Like whaaaatttttttt. Wohooooooo. Hahaha. Yes. I get excited people. And I was just savouring every moment of it. 

As my turn got closer, I became surprisingly nervous. Hahaha. The heart started beating faster and the palms got sweaty. I was worried that I might screw up something. I was the girl wearing the highest heel there as well. 

As I stood at my designated spot, and my mover begin reading out my speech. A mixture of feeling proud, 'oh shit, this is really happening' and  just happy swept in. I try to look for my family and friends when they were addressed in my speech. And love the part where my mover, Siu Lin read: the Petitioner would like to thank her friends, Azrin, (saw her going awwwww), Li Ying, Michelle Chong, Sweet Yin, Mei Wee, Yik Yee, Cheng Wei and Jon, and she then added : the Petitioner just have a lot of friends" to which a few people and I laughed. Haha. And was surprised and nodding to myself as I hear my finalized speech for the first time. Hahahaa.

And I like my speech. I felt like it was one of the best (second muka tebal moment here). And I love the flowers I got! Thanks to Vivian and Kenny and my salmonellas and Mei Wee for getting me flowers. And my sstwo for getting me a pen and also having dinner with me. 27 October 2017. Truly a day in history that is embedded in my mind for life.

Also, I think it was a day before I met Jon a year ago! Can't believe it has been a year since we met and got to know each other! Time flies so fast! It's surprising because I thought I would never get over it, but I can live with what we are now. I dont want to think/hope too much into it anymore. The current thought is just, if it's meant to be, it will be. Of course though, I'll work hard and try to go US in the near future ans hope that he'll visit Asia again soon too. So yea :)

-xx

No comments:

Post a Comment