Sunday, December 14, 2014

Recent Highlights!

I think I broke the record this year by attending only ONE concert this year. That's right,you read it correctly. ONE. And so I was just wishing to at least be able to attend one more before the year end. And my wish came true in a way I guess. I won passes to watch Yuna's showcase organized by E! News and Astro. And with that I may appear on tv and also won her postcards and a ukelele! Hhahahaha. It's certainly something different. Went to watch the showcase with Ms.Sweet and her friends. (cant find anyone in my social circle who's interested enough/free to attend it sadly.) It was an interesting experience attending the showcase. She sang Deeper Conversations (my all time fav song from her) and Mountains (my recent fav). I was hoping for her to sing Lights and Camera, but she didn't. But it's all good. It was a very chilled and intimate vibe at the showcase as the venue was small and the songs are all more towards acoustic. Went to Ms.Sweet's place to stay the night. I definitely had a good time.

Also, I attended my first book signing ! (not me signing, but me attending to get a copy of a book I bought signed). I just recently discovered and am loving reading poetry. And a one that's been gaining a lot of good reviews in my timeline that is , is Lang Leav ! Managed to get hold of her first book - Love and Misadventure at a really really good buy. (poetry books are seriously very expensive,sadly). And when I heard that she's coming down for a meet and greet session in KL, I had to go. It was such an interesting day for me. I attended the event alone. And I get to see and meet people who share the same interest in me.- Reading, like publicly for the first time (?)  It's such a different atmosphere from the events where I go and meet artists who are like international celebs cause everyone's in this frenzy and stuff. It's just 2 opposite vibes.

I get to know a person or two for that hour or so and just randomly chatted with them. And it's also official that I go all awkward whenever I meet a person I am in awe/ admire/ like a lot . My mind just go all empty and I go all stiff and awkward in expressing myself as to try to come up with something intelligent to say, to which I usually fail. hahahahaha.

Also, managed to finally meet up with Ah Yee to just chill and catch up on stuffs and celebrate her birthday! We did not have a proper sit down to chat and stuff since July. I know. I am a bad friend. But we manage to catch up and stuff on the last day of November and had a really good time.

Ooh,also, I've been busy applying for jobs - be it a clerk , paralegal or an attachment. And I finally landed a job at a firm which I didn't expect to be in! The ' urghhhh, shit shit shit' moment I felt after an interview session with the firm (I had to go through 2 of them!) and the nerve wrecking wait on whether I am good and a uitable match for their firm or also for other interviews, was nerve wrecking ! I can be a very impatient person when it comes to knowing things like these at times, it almost drove me mad. (I think I made it to the obsession level and was bordering on the insanity level) , it's no joke. All in all, I get to learn so much from this process. And I am so thankful that finally someone thinks I am worthy. Hahahaha.

This is definitely a new challenge that I've yet to experience in my life. Getting a first serious,proper job on my own, going through exams this time around without my close friends. I feel like it's finally here. I am in this thing all by myself this time around. It's something I've never gone through in my life before. (yes,I do live a sheltered life in a way I guess.)  I'm scared and nervous like shit. But at the same time excited and am up to take up this challenge! May all the force in the universe be with me now!

-with lots of love, peace out-

No comments:

Post a Comment